Labculture Biological Safety Cabinets: Class II Type A2
Labculture Biological Safety Cabinets will protect the user from bio-hazardous contaminants. It is 100% ducted and protects the user. We offer them in sizes of 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8 feet wide as well as different options for ducting, outlets, service fixtures, stands and misc items.
Cabinet Filtration System
- Ambient air is pulled through front grille to create inflow, without going into the work surface. Inflow is joined by half of the downflow, to create front air curtain that is fine-tuned to create a large performance envelope. The combined air stream travels through the back-air column towards the blower.
- Approximately ⅓ of the air in the common plenum is exhausted through the ULPA filter to the room. The remaining ⅔ of the air is passed through the downflow ULPA filter and into the work area as a vertical laminar flow air to create ISO Class 3 work surface and prevents cross contamination.
- Near the work surface, the downflow splits. About half goes to the front grille, and half goes to the rear grille. A small portion enters the side capture zones to prevent dead air corners (small blue arrows).
- The design was optimized to give large performance envelope, that provides operator and product protection at wide Inflow and Downflow variation from the Nominal point.
Model LA2 and LR2 Biological Safety Cabinet Engineering Drawing
Optional Exhaust Collar Positions for Thimble-Ducting (LA2 and LR2 Models)
Comprehensive Performance Testing At Esco
Every Labculture model manufactured by Esco is individually tested, documented by serial number and validated with the following test methods:
- Inflow and downflow velocity.
- PAO aerosol challenge for filter integrity.
- Airflow pattern visualization.
- Electrical safety to IEC61010-1.
- Additional KI-Discus containment and microbiological testing are performed on statistical sampling basis.